Monday, January 15, 2007

with you


Let the tears fall, like dewdrops on the lily of the valley
Though they are painful, they can be cleansing at the same time
Refreshing my soul you soothe my heart with your words
With your embrace, your breath, your glance

Cradle me in your blanket of love forever
With you I am not lost
With you I have no fear
With you I know joy

I know no sorrow in your arms, but instead, only bliss
As our love runs deeper than the roots of the mighty oak trees
Though we have suffered a few cuts and scrapes
It binds us together, like a 3-strand braided cord
That even our strongest foes cannot tear apart

And just as the lily of the valley’s meaning
I have come to know true sweetness
I have returned to happiness
I became better acquainted with humility
You’ve made my life complete


Copyright ©2002-2007 Melinda A. Napoletano

No comments: