Saturday, June 09, 2007

Your Words...




Are something of great value to me
They can lift me up so high I feel I am above heaven
With wings outstretched
I can soar easily on their current
I sail like a kite on their breeze

Your words...

Can sometimes cut through me like a machete
Cutting me to the quick
Dropping me to my knees
Leaving me hollowed out inside like a pumpkin
Ready for carving
All the seeds of possibilities
Scattered and surrounding me, carelessly discarded

Your words...

Become the air I breathe
I inhale and exhale you
Filling my lungs to capacity
You course through my body
Sending electrical pulses to every nerve and fiber of my being

Your words...

Can turn my yellow into blue
And my blue into yellow
My light into darkness
And my darkness into light
My day into night
And my night into day
My life into death
And my death into life
My hope into despair
And my despair into hope

Your words...

Are addictive
Causing me to crave more of them
Each sweet nothing you whisper into my ear
Brings a smile to my lips
Joy to my heart
And fills me with love unimaginable
I become radiant and my entire world
Is lit up like a mirror reflecting the sun



Copyright ©2007 man&SippingTheVastSpring
Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: