Sunday, May 27, 2007

Refined...



I am refined by your love

Caressing my heart and soul

It soothes me

And brings a smile to my lips

Sweet deep sighs fill my breast

Your cool waters quench my thirst

At times you allow the flames to grow high

Testing my faith in you

Trying to avoid fear and doubt

I turn further toward you

And allow your love

To fall around me like a blanket

Covering me and protecting me

Trusting you

I become a mirror to the world

Reflecting the light of your love

So brightly... it burns the eyes of those who gaze upon it

And once seen

Its purity and brilliance is never forgotten

Its heat so sweltering

It in turn refines each that has viewed it

And their hearts are caressed

A smile is brought to their lips

Sweet deep sighs fill their breast

Each soul is filled to overflowing

Creating a rippling effect

So powerful

The waves could lap the shore of eternity


Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano

Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: