Thursday, February 22, 2007

plumber been here and gone....

2 men....not bad either one....(one track mind I know)

anyway...they ran that gadget down the main water line clean out......did not take long. I flushed the toilet for them a couple of times....filled the washer a couple of times and let it spin out....

all is well....

he said he fixed it..found what he thinks are flushable wipes or a rag...(of course we NEVER flush those down the toilet...we bag em up in Zip-lock bags and toss em).

Whatever it was...they were pretty black looking like they had been there a long long time...and the smell outside was pretty nasty! It took all of 15 minutes if that.

Course now I need to find a way to get the stinky smell out of my house....and go out and toss clean snow over the yellow and black crappy snow in the front yard and carefully with gloved hands pick up the nasty stuff he found and put it into a bag to toss away later tonight since it is trash night.

YUCKO...why do they put a main water line clean out in your FRONT yard? I know it has to be closer to the main sewer system and such....but wouldn't the SIDE yard suffice and be as close?

anyway.....we are hopeful this will have taken care of the problem. No wonder they charge what they do.....it seems like a rather nasty/stinky job!

I do pride myself on one thing. Under 3 feet of snow they wondered where the main access clean out was. I told him....the man walked out into the snow.....I told him when to stop. His partner got the shovel....walked out....they dug. I told him "you're standing on it"....he dug UNDER where his feet had been....

voila....there it was. I was PERFECT/RIGHT ON with my estimation....I guess mowing around it this past summer enough times branded it's location into my memory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just spray the house, open the kitchen and bathroom window just a little, the smell will be gone before you know it.

Also remember sometimes when a smell gets into the nose it takes forever to get out.

Bake something nice and spicy that might fill the air. If it was me, I wouldn't be able to smell it anyway. So I guess there is some advantage to not being able to smell, only think is you also miss out on the nice smells.

I wouldn't worry about the snow looking yellow or any other color, it will be melting soon enough, and I would have thought if they pulled something out of the sewer they would have bagged it. Ugh, pew, nasty. Have a fun afternoon.

Going in and turning on The Match Game, on the Game Station.
Love you