Monday, February 19, 2007

monday....president's day...


Melissa called and invited me and Noah over to visit and a movie. Of course everything that could happen to prevent me from getting there did. I had taken a shower this morning and of course since the plumbing issue is not yet fixed.....before I left the toilet was almost overflowing....because the water in the drain was backed up again. So it took me awhile to get that under control. So that made us late for our original movie start time. We changed it. The back route to her house was a little to be desired on our side.....so it took longer to get there and we had to change the movie time again. Maybe we should have taken all those things as indications to skip the movie. Noah got to see a train and play with Audrey and had more fun with just that than the movie. He had a trying day today where a lot of things just made him want to whine and cry.

BUT...the movie was Bridge to Terabithia and we had expected a lot of special effects....where the kids spent a LOT of time in Terabithia. I have not read the book before......and I am not sure now that I would though the book looks a lot better than the movie was. The movie was okay but extremely long and drawn out. It was one of those where you keep sitting there asking yourself "when will it get to the good parts?" I was hoping to see a movie where I could escape reality for a couple of hours. Well...that never happened. I would give the movie a

Well...the "good parts" are very brief and fleeting and to be honest the trailer you have seen on TV is the best part......and the ending. Otherwise......it actually was a bit depressing of a movie.....and rather long and tedious for kids......well.....even for adults.

I did see a man holding a woman in his lap......they were snuggled up so nice and cozy together watching that movie. He had nice arms wrapped around her.....(yeah so I watched more of them than the movie). BUT.....it made me just wish I had that......and of course I don't.....so....that was tough.

BUT.......lucky her! What a way to see a movie.......curled up in the nice big arms of a man you obviously love! I want that for me .......I will have that one day.......damnit

a nice big man too....

4 comments:

nq said...

i hated that book when i read it, probably in like 5th grade. but i remember it, and how much it sucked.

i love my big man :-)

but i miss my circle of friends horribly. not that i lost them for him or anything, but going off to college in many, many different states means we can't jsut meet for coffee until the shop closes at 11 pm, then watch America's Funniest Home Videos reruns until dawn, all while talking about life. i feel like i should get a circle in college, but almost all my friends here are guys, and, as you said, they're "fixers". sigh.
i hope we both find good circles soon though! hard as it may be... good company's important

Melinda said...

the book was that bad? oh crap. Well..I can let it go! hahahaa

yes....I remember going out for coffee and/or staying up all night and just shootin the breeze.

I miss it terribly too. I also do not have any CIRCLES of anything ......so I understand!

if you were closer we could start a circle of sorts!

Unknown said...

absolutely anytime you wanted to converse,would be great..i would like that very much..i've enjoyed making your acquaintance very much..and,you're always very kind..that is appreciated..deeply..

Melinda said...

I have no idea what you are talking about when you keep saying "pancake day" and if you knew Noah ...you would know we would not be participating in it even if there were one.