Friday, February 23, 2007

dream man...



When I was just a little girl
I remember closing my eyes and dreaming about you
The farm we would live on, the chores we would share, the horses we would ride
I remember seeing your body but not ever your face
Feeling happy, content, just to be sharing my life with you
It all felt very real, including the sweat trickling down my back on a hot summer day
You were my man and I was very much yours
There were no questions about that
I remember seeing how strong your hands were as well as your body
The muscles in your arms and legs, rock hard under your jeans
Our tanned, sweaty bodies falling into place
Side by side, throughout the course of the day
And at night, oh the glorious nights!
With the cool breeze blowing in our window
Across our sun kissed bodies,
Outside the cricket legs rubbing together
Almost as fast as our bodies
We never seemed to tire of each other
Always wanting more, soaking each other up to the core
And afterwards, lying in each other's arms
Filled with temporary contentment
Drifting off, sweet sighs escaping our lips



Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Zindy S.D. Nielson's "Dreaming"

No comments: