Thursday, March 15, 2007

rain......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It started to really pour during the night. I love storms.....the wind raging....the elements.......the smell of the rain.....the cooler breeze......the sound of the rain as it hits the windows, the tin pipes on my furnace and fan in the bathroom.

A lot continues to evolve in my life....perhaps this will be a year for huge changes....and that as Martha would say......"is a good thing."

We had 2 days of gloriously unseasonably warm temperatures. I am thankful for those days. I am even more thankful for this glorious night and morning of rain. It is the ultimate for snuggling weather. I am thankful for my damn good cup of coffee. I am thankful for being passionate....even though many might consider me semi-crazy. I embrace it. ALL I have been through has made me what I am today. I am reclaiming MELINDA...something that is long overdue.

The neighbor's flag on the flagpole is flying straight out in the wind! I hear my windchimes tinkling out front. Occasionally the wind sneaks through my window and makes a delicious howling sound...almost what you would expect a ghost dog to sound like. No moon tonight though I know it is there.

Life goes on....whether we choose to be in it or not.....it always finds a way.

I choose to be in it...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Did you see all the lightening last night? I couldn't sleep and watched the lightening through the window instead.

Love you!

Melinda said...

we had no lightning here last night or this morning Melissa......not even any thunder...but it POURED a ton of rain!

Anonymous said...

We had the lightning, and I couldn't help but see it, since the family room has the big patio door and also the skylight opening, so each time it flashed I was very aware of it. But it sure did cool down.

I'm very thankful to Melinda, for you and little Noah. Love you both.

Angie at Home said...

I took 2 Nyquils last night.... so sort of heard the thunder. Woke up hearing the pouring rain. Went to the doctors today... to try a new antibotic. Gary's sick now also. Yucky yuck in this house.

thehotrodqueen said...

celebrate that passion! it is what makes you such a wonderful poet!