Tuesday, March 13, 2007

hopelessness...




powered by ODEO



This constant back and forth of emotions is exhausting.
Just when I think and believe, everything will be fine in the long run
Even when I subconsciously continue to believe this, to know it
Despite everything around me taunting me otherwise
At that same time such incredible hopelessness and futility washes over me
In waves with a stronger current than the mighty Pacific Ocean.
Pulling me in, relentless, not satisfied with just tickling my toes
Never wanting to rest its constant badgering of my soul
Like a torturous child repeating "I told you so", "I told you so"
Over and over again the waves continue to strike
Reshaping me, resurfacing my hope
Each time more powerful, more explosive, more damaging
And so...again.....I shall go to bed alone.


Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: