Thursday, March 08, 2007

Exposed...


The steam from the shower rose around me
As I allowed the water to trickle down my breasts
My abdomen, to the special place, the forbidden place
Where my fingers were never allowed to probe
What lie hidden, well protected from peering eyes
From touch, from all recognition
Under folds of skin and bits of hair
I grabbed the soap, my razor, and worked up a lather
Somehow realizing this moment would be symbolic for me
Somehow freeing me at last, to be raw at its best
Undercover no more, bare to the world's eyes
To my eyes, vulnerable, completely naked
Totally exposed
to finally embrace and acknowledge my own existence
My cravings and desires
My hopes and dreams
My urges,
Enhancing all my sensations
Reminding me I am alive
And to once again see my true self
Reminding me of all that I am


Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: