Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Seeing Me Through Your Eyes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am a vision of time past, of long ago yesterdays, todays and tomorrows
Time is captured, twisted into these limbs, bent but not broken
Each moment in time, forever sculpted in eternity, searing me to my roots
I wreak of its essence......it has become the very breath I breathe
Every scar casted as deep furrows, row after row, healing but ever present
Time does not heal all wounds, but wounds have made me strong

You are unique. You see me as I am and yet you love me.
I stand before you with all my flaws and endless, ugly, nakedness
Yet your eyes only see me in the summer of my years
You pour forth more love for me, showering my dry branches
My thirst eagerly seeking more
Until others can see what you have seen all along.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


copyright 2007 Melinda A. Napoletano

1 comment:

thehotrodqueen said...

beautiful words and beautiful photos! i love trees! :)