Sunday, July 08, 2007

some shots of bumblebees...

I am not a huge fan of purposefully hanging around anywhere there are bees....I have been stung many times and would like to avoid it in the future if possible...but when I was at my parent's house yesterday for a belated birthday my dad was telling me about these huge bumblebees that hang around in the yard by the sunflowers and other flowers...and while he was talking....here came the big-butt bees!

SO I had to try to snap a few shots....and standing from afar and zooming in did not capture the shots I wanted......so I decided to overcome my fears and stand as close as possible and use my camera's MACRO mode to "get up close and personal!" Below are a few of the results

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Here is a different bumblebee enjoying the sunflowers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

Check out the wing on this one....it reminded me of stained glass windows

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot with DMC-TZ1 at 2007-07-08

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are some great photos Melinda. Look at all the pollen on the sunflower bee! You should take more photos like this more often! Love you!

Melinda said...

thanks Melissa......I will have to do more like this yes.....it was fun.....