Sunday, July 08, 2007

Thirsty...


Words used to pour forth from your lips
Like water gushing from a waterfall
Splashing on me and around me
Drenching me in their sweetness, their fluidity
I drowned many times over in your words
Such a strange sensation to be drowning yet elated
Floating, carelessly, supported by your words
With never any doubt in my mind of your feelings
Your intentions, your desires, your dreams, your fantasies

Somewhere over time that gushing waterfall
Transformed into a babbling brook
Still able to kiss my skin with sweetness
Showering me with your love
But no longer deafening, sometimes eerily quiet
Depending on the influx from your environment
Sometimes totally silent

During this season of change
I realize I have grown very thirsty
Once satiated, I now silently cry on the sidelines for a drink
Wondering if you even notice my thirst
Or see my parched lips and tongue
Begging for acknowledgment
From the one holding the pitcher to my cup
I remain poised, ready, with lips parted and hands outstretched
Waiting ... wondering if today your rains will return.


Copyright ©2007 man&SippingTheVastSpring
Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: