Friday, March 02, 2007

ENOUGH...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The realization of what I want, is becoming as clear as what I don't
For years I have sat by in silence, observing reality through other's eyes
Countless times I have allowed my heart to be tweaked and twisted
Prodded and poked, until it no longer resembled a heart
It's consistency being more like cud, nothing but bits and shreds
Suffering endless chewing and gnashing
Yet seemingly held together by invisible strings
I have wasted endless hours waiting what feels like an eternity
And for what I know not
All the while time keeps passing, another minute, another day, another hour
A year, two, three...
Good things happen to those who wait, or so the saying goes
Finding oneself and voice again, beneath the dusty pages of my soul
Was well worth the wait, because I have found freedom in my words
With which I can finally admit with no regrets ... "I need more"


Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Yahoo Images - artist Luis Royo

1 comment:

thehotrodqueen said...

>>>Finding oneself and voice again, beneath the dusty pages of my soul
Was well worth the wait, because I have found freedom in my words
With which I can finally admit with no regrets ... "I need more"<<<
finding oneself and voice is something we all long for and i think it usually comes with age. it is a feedom that for too many years we deny ourselves. no more! :)