Sunday, June 01, 2003

WHEW...not any entries in awhile. LeighAnn's graduation went well. We had her over on Monday to celebrate. That was nice. She brought along a friend named Ben. Keith's dad also came. We had ice cream cake. The house is still looking great as we are really in the habit of putting things back in their places since we don't have HUGE spaces. I HIGHLY doubt I will remember all I was going to originally enter in this journal for the past week or so. We met Kelley and Isaak and Erik at the park on Tuesday so Noah and Isaak could play and we could give Isaak his belated birthday present. It was super hot but the wind finally kicked in. That made it better. Noah really gets red in the face like I used to and still sometimes do. He got super hot.in fact I worry about him in the heat as he does not do well. Neither do I and we normally try to go outside to do things early in the mornings during the summer. Anyway.....we finally got home.

Went out to eat a few times this week. Keith's birthday is coming up. His employer gave him 2 tickets to see the Rockies..nice seats too. Right behind the batter's box. He will go with his dad and they even gave him that day off and PAID. Pretty nice huh? He got a t-shirt from someone else at work and his employer also gave him movie tickets to use sometime this year. WOW....

We all went to see Finding Nemo Friday. It is a great movie. We will definitely buy it once it comes out on DVD. We may go back to see it again but I kind of doubt Noah would sit through it twice at the theaters. There were some previews of some good movies coming up in the fall and winter.

I just put a roast and vegetables in the crock pot. I fried some chicken yesterday which is rare and also made some potato salad and baked beans for our lunch. We all had rootbeer out of rootbeer mugs. Noah got a BIG kick out of that since I have a mini one Becky gave to me one time that he drank his out of. We ordered pizza for supper.

Today not sure what I will do for lunch since we have a big supper cooking. Something light. I need to finish up some more work and then do WHATEVER I want

I am thinking about taking some vacation time and even cashing in some time. I am at 300 hours and we can only accumulate 344 hours before I then cannot accumulate anymore..which means I would not be receiving any PTO. So...I will probably start taking some days off here and there. I could really use a break. Would love to surprise Melissa for her 30th birthday but we really don't have the extra money to make that trip. SO...we will probably hold off. Not sure. I know Keith is off the week before her birthday. She works during the daytime now...so we would not even see her that much anyway.

Well...today is overcast but super muggy outside. Only 70 degrees but feels a lot warmer. The Custer reunion is today. Chris flew in from Florida to go to mom and dads and the reunion. He goes back to Florida tomorrow I guess. I imagine they are having a nice visit. Hopefully they will send me some pictures.

Sounds like grandpa is in a really crappy nursing home.

More another time

Me

No comments: