Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Paula Deen - "It Ain't All About The Cookin',".......have you read it?
I got it from our local library and it was an amazingly fast read...and she also included some wonderful recipes. It is a very inspirational book and you will also learn a few secrets about Paula she has not really let out before.....well not to many at least.
I enjoyed the book very much until she got to the chapters on starting a restaurant (basically a response to fans asking about what it would take....etc) and she went into a lot of detail and less memoir....so I was not into that part so much. BUT all the other chapters were very good and I really enjoyed reading them.
She has come a long long way. If you have not read it before and you like Paula Deen, cooking, and personal stories of triumph over tribulation (in a big way)...you might enjoy this book.
I am thankful for:
1. Being able to work from home and getting done with my work early.
2. Having Noah get through his dental visit okay yesterday.
3. Our bedrooms smelling like clothes hung out on the clothesline in the summer sun and wind. Not sure where that is coming from but it smells so nice!
4. Ohio State Football...and as fast as this year is going already it won't be long and the games will be back on.
5. God's inspirational words in scripture.