Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HBO's GENERATION KILL..........an excellent series......




if you get the chance to ever watch it.....you will be surprised just how good it is. And for the ladies who like Alexander Skarsgård who plays "Eric" on HBO series "True Blood".....he is also in Generation Kill as Sgt. Brad (Iceman) Colbert.....



Generation Kill began as a series of articles by Evan Wright, a Rolling Stone reporter embedded with the Marines' 1st Recon Battalion during the march to Baghdad in 2003.

I had got the book from the library after seeing many clips on You Tube which I found extremely interesting and well done. I then decided to buy the DVD set which I have been watching one episode right after the other. It is very difficult to stop watching each episode....it is like a good book you just never want to put down, but instead read from start to finish. If I had time...I would watch the entire series from start to finish. Today I will finish up the first disc and probably start the second disc. Anyway......you would probably really enjoy this one!

2 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

This looks good. I don't get HBO though. Have you watched "Marley and Me" yet? It's out now on video. It's predictable but still makes you cry.

Melinda said...

I don't get HBO either. I always thought there were too many nasty shows on there. BUT I have found I enjoyed this one tremendously as I did True Blood which was also on HBO.

I bought the book and DVD is how I am seeing anything..other than clips on You Tube.