Sunday, November 16, 2008

It snowed off and on all day yesterday......and is spitting snow today.....

vintagechristmasornaments

the BUCKS WON and it was an exciting game to watch!  We have some incredible players on the team this year......they can do amazing things!  I hope some channel replays the game cause I would like to see it again!

I am thinking about getting a real tree this year for Christmas.  The tree I have is HUGE which works out well for all the ornaments I have.......but the tree is the size that was made for vaulted ceilings and lots of space.....which I do not really have here in this ranch home I currently live in.  SO it got me to thinking maybe I would think about getting a different tree.  BUT the prices are outrageous and there is nothing wrong with my tree....just a little large for the house I currently live in.  So then I thought about maybe getting a real tree.  That was all I used to ever get......were real live Christmas trees.  I have a lot to think about.  I have a feeling my cat would still be after the tree too much!

Otherwise I roasted a turkey yesterday which made the house smell like Thanksgiving.....looked at some old photos which made me too melancholy.....and then I started to get that familiar feeling I get all too often.....where I miss someone so much I physically ache and hurt......and I start thinking about family and those who are no longer here and times past......Christmases past.....holidays past.....and you get.....well......almost depressed.  Okay......you get depressed.   I love this time of year.......but realize too what makes holidays even more special....is spending it with those you love.  And when that gets altered.......even in the littlest way......it messes with the happy mix of things.

I have my Deck of Me cards to complete.  I have been doing them...just not posting them.  It seems I am about the only one staying current there and about the only one besides 1 or 2 others who even post pics of their cards anymore on the Deck of Me Flickr site.....I think I am probably irritating to some when they see nothing but MY crap plastered all over but I have no choice now because I have a few weeks to post.  I was probably better off doing it one week at a time.

Anyway....lots to do here.....I need to quit whining and get busy!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, it's been snowing off and on again this morning here! I'm not ready to start driving in a bunch of snow, but I know it's coming. The holidays can be depressing when you start thinking of family members who are not here, but I try to think of all the good memories that we're making when we all get together.

I have about 1/2 the year to do on the deck of me cards. I can't even find the cards - they are in my missing crafting bag which is buried someplace in the storage unit. I know I'll find it someday....

Love you!

lv2scpbk said...

It's snowing off and on here to in Central PA. I forgot all about the Deck of Me cards. I haven't done any for awhile. I got my artificial tree after Christmas one year and paid half price. I like real ones better for the smell but hate cleaning up the needles they leave behind.