Thursday, November 20, 2008

something to help stop cat hair shedding and delicious mashed potatoes without the fat!




I found my cat liked my raw virgin coconut oil...which at room temperature is actually a solid. SINCE I have been allowing him to have a small dab each day...sometimes twice a day....he is no longer shedding like he was....and in fact....his coat looks healthier and better than ever! I give him about 1/4 teaspoon each time and he loves it!



TO make virtually FAT FREE mashed potatoes....I cooked my potatoes in chicken bouillon....drain but KEEP some of that chicken broth when potatoes are done. NOW the trick for me is I mash the potatoes...adding back in some of the broth....NO BUTTER and sometimes NO milk......they are SOOOOOO good. I had always heard before about using chicken stock or broth....but the bouillon gives this a much better flavor ..probably because of the salt factor. I am not normally a big fan of salt but this makes the potatoes taste so good...and one can satisfy their urge for mashed potatoes without racking up fat content!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Mom uses cocnut oil in popcorn (not the fat free kind) and the popcorn tastes just like the movie theaters. It's really good!