Monday, August 04, 2008

getting ready for a garage sale!

I got up....mowed......trimmed....then spent another 4 hours in the garage sorting and getting things ready for a garage sale on the 15th. I felt like I got a nice workout actually......and then I came in and got cleaned up and picked up Grandma C. to take her with us to see my mom and dad.......(her daughter).....and we had supper there.

As part of supper mom had bought this delicious salad from a local restaurant called a Mediterranean salad and I figured it would be feta cheese and black olives and such....but WOW this was sooooo good.....it was spinach leaves and some romaine lettuce..with mandarin orange slices and blueberries and strawberry slices and some walnuts and feta cheese and dried cranberries....with this raspberry sauce to drizzle over the top.

It was soooooooo good....and I am going to try to make it myself....I hope and pray I can make it taste as yummy as this restaurant did......or else I will have to go get one every so often and stock up! I could eat this for every meal I think and it is like a dessert practically!

wow......I may have to eat my leftovers NOW and not wait till tomorrow!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear that your going through your stuff, it's a huge weight off my shoulders sorting all my crap and getting it done.

The salad doesn't sound good to me, but I don't like a lot of those ingredients on the salad. Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I like the sound of your salad. I'd like to have a taste to see if I like it or not. This week, I had a Pear, Gorgonzola and Pecan salad. Yummo!

Paz