Monday, April 14, 2008

My BIG thrill for the day.......not sure what this says about me!


I stopped at Wal*MART today horror of horrors because K-MART had ZIP for cordless phones...the one they had I wanted they were out of stock on. SO I went to Wal*Mart. I got the same phone cheap.....and then remembered I have been wanting to get a new sweeper.....vacuum.......so I checked them out. I found this SUPER NICE wide path Dirth Devil en Vision.......on sale for 54.00........12 amp.....HEPA filter.....BAGLESS........wow......I decided to give it a try. Once I got home from running errands and put the sweeper together.......all I can say is oh.....my........gosh.......


The SUCTION capability on this sweeper is amazing. Now I sweep my floors at least every other day but I only had a small sweep/broom type sweeper I originally bought once I moved here. I figured that would be good enough.


Well......after running THIS NEW sweeper across my floors I could see how wrong I have been! OH MY.....I think I could have squealed. I had no idea I was a sweeper junkie till today. I may never stop sweeping! This thing sucked up so much crap the first time round......I could not believe it. It looked like I had been drywalling with dust bunnies inside the bagless compartment.......my filters were a mess. SO I dumped it and cleaned it out......did it again and again and again! EACH time filling that puppy up with more and more dust and fuzz and hair and who knows what else!!! OH My...I cannot say enough about this sweeper and would HIGHLY recommend it to EVERYONE!!!!!!


It has a scuff-guard around the front so if you ram it into the walls or corners of the house you will NOT scuff it up. I know for some that would not matter but I am one of those who CLEANS my sweeper as much as I let it clean. It is really bothering me I am getting it so dirty this first time round but you can clean the bagless compartment AND WASH the filters!


I am so happy.....I had no idea a SWEEPER could make me feel so happy......or that sweeping could make me feel so good. This thing is like a hurricane sucking up stuff as it moves across the floor.......and I personally in the past never thought too much of Dirt Devils. This says it has 25% more SUCTION power than Hoover or Bissel....and I BELIEVE it.....


NICE LONG cord............wide path out front..........BIG brush underneath the rollers......FOOT PEDAL on/off switch. WOW......I am in awe!


I also got a Bissel steam cleaner......so I will be able to clean carpets too whenever I want.....I am paranoid yes.....but these Bissel cleaners are super nice....so portable.....only 68.00 for that! I have used them before and they do a great job.


To be honest though....my carpet looks brand new again since I swept it with the new sweeper/vacuum.


SO there you have it......my BIG THRILL for the day!

2 comments:

Angie at Home said...

I know when we first got a hepa filter vacuum... we had just moved into that upstairs condo... and the carpet was fairly new. My gosh... the canister filled up with teal lint... it was amazing... and it was fun to sweep... but the newness eventually wears off... however.. the suction of the vacuum keeps on sucking!!!

Melissa said...

SOunds nice Melinda!