Saturday, April 19, 2008

I FELT THE EARTH, MOVE, UNDER MY FEET....


Friday......it was very weird. The time was around 5:38 AM or so I believe. I was sitting in my office chair and at first thought my cat had come up behind my chair and was pushing on it like he does with his claws....but he was not using his claws......so I turned around to see him and he was NOT there but instead sitting across the room in the doorway legs spread apart.....like he was bracing himself....but he had a weird scared look on his face! SMART CAT!

Meanwhile....I sat in my chair and the entire floor felt like a huge gust of wind had come up underneath it and also blowing back and forth against my chair and was moving me and the chair all around. It was like the floor was definitely moving and it was very difficult to try to stand up because it messed with your balance and motion...like being on a moving floor ride at the amusement parks. SO very weird feeling and then I wondered what had happened. Was it something truly strange?

I started to think about all possibilities and then wondered about and earthquake but living in Ohio now did not think the possibility of feeling anything from an earthquake would be too great. The last time I felt anything from a nearby earthquake in Ohio I was a child.

BUT I decided to do some research online and sure enough! The reports started coming in that indeed an earthquake had occurred in Illinois.......and people all over the place had felt it....including some others right here in the same city where I live!

I am so thankful for our technology and ability to find out information so quickly about something like this because for a moment or two I was really wondering what had happened and what I had really felt.

Did you feel the earthquake too yesterday on Friday, April 18?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I didn't feel the earth move under my feet. Cute title by the way. Anyhow, I was just waking up and didn't feel anything. Sure enough though the radio dj's were talking about their chairs shaking and thinking some ghosts were around them. At work one of the interns said some of his Mom's plates fell off a mantle and broke. Another woman I work with woke up because her bed was shaking and completely freaked out thinking it was a ghost. I on the other hand felt nothing and probably thought it was a train if I did notice anything!

I heard there were reports of damage in Louisville, KY. I think thats amazing considering how far away Louisville is from Illinois!

Melinda said...

well to be honest I too thought it must be a ghost. Funny how all of us midwesterners thought GHOST before earthquake. It took me a few minutes longer to think of that possibility!

Even people in GEORGIA and TENNESSEE and ALABAMA felt it!