Monday, January 14, 2008

it's Monday and my head feels all muddy....

It feels slow.
Like I cannot process anything.
Like it doesn't want to process anything.
Like it along with my body could sleep all day.
I feel like I want to hibernate.
Like my mind is filled with sludge.
I don't like to feel this way.
I think I could stare off into space and think of absolutely......nothing.
Because all my thoughts and "to-do" lists in my mind have pooled together...
and are now an expanse of nothingness.
Like ink spilled upon paper...they are soaking in my brain...
but too deeply now...they have become saturated and are now pickled.
I am a zombie.
You can see it in my eyes.
The lack of facial expression.
The drugged appearance and sluggishness.
My body feels like a piece of granite.
Impossible to move.
Everything seems like too much effort.
Each of my thoughts has become another shovelful of dirt...
that has buried me.
I feel like I could suffocate.
Not wanting to panic...
I shove my fingers into the mud.
I hold fast but cannot dog paddle.
I am in quicksand and if I move I only sink deeper.
So I rest...
I savor the stillness and unplug my brain.
I shut down and turn off.
I go into screensaver mode...
and allow my thoughts and dreams and wishes and desires and images and to-do lists
to slowly appear, disappear, and reappear across my mind's eye.
Playing in the background.
Being acknowledged only by my subconscious mind.
As I wait for someone to come bump my keyboard.
And wake me up.

Copyright ©2008 man

3 comments:

Melinda said...

then again.....maybe I just need to take a sinus pill

Melissa said...

I hope you get to feeling better.

Melinda said...

me too! haha....what started out as a post....ended up turning into this.