Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The envelope...


I looked down at the envelope

Gazing at the ink your hands had placed upon it

My heart racing with excitement

I reached down and touched each formed letter

As if by osmosis my fingers could become entwined with yours

As I turned the envelope over, I thought about the seal

Did you lick it before pressing it shut?

To imagine I was holding in my grasp

Any object your hands let alone your tongue had touched

Was almost too much for me to fathom

I grew quite heady just thinking about it all

I pressed the seal to my nose and deeply breathed in

Hoping I could smell the scent of the gum you chew

I gently broke the seal

Carefully

So as not to damage the remnants of leftover glue still present

I brought it to my own tongue

And I licked it

Slowly

Gingerly

With my eyes closed

And I swear I could feel your tongue

And taste the flavor of your gum

As tears spilled forth from my eyes onto my cheeks

My soul longing to be next to yours.



Copyright ©2007 man&SippingTheVastSpring

No comments: