Friday, April 20, 2007

Crazy-Ass Love...

I'm in crazy-ass love
Have you been there too?
Talking on the phone
Till your ear turns blue
Never hearing enough
Of an "I Love You!"
Coming from your lover's lips

Getting through each day
In a minimal way
With thoughts of your lover
Makin' you wanna play
Under the covers all night until next day
When the process begins again?

Every day doing your best
To focus on the rest
Makes you soon realize
You are failing this test
So you give up the quest
Becoming thankful to be blessed
With such a powerful encompassing love

You can't eat, drink or sleep
Being apart just makes you weep
So you lie there counting sheep
In the dark
If you could jump into their skin
It would only make you grin
And make you thankful they're not kin
Because you crave them

All the time it's never enough
Going without is too damn tough
You would rather huff and puff
Right there beside them
So you give in to all the emotion
Of your lover's secret potion
And begin the law of motion
On this joyride

Clinging tightly like a mother
Makes you glad he's not your brother
As you begin to move each other
To and fro
I can only think of this
Such resounding perpetual bliss
It makes me wanna kiss
You forever

So eternity here we come
I don't care if it sounds dumb
It makes me wanna hum
A song of joy
As all this comes to pass
Anyone else can kiss my ass
My life is such a gas
Cause I'm in love ...
Crazy-ass love

Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: