Monday, March 19, 2007

twilight...


Each new day begins and each night comes
And I somehow think it will end differently
Or I just put it from my mind till it is finally upon me
Then it is once again so obvious
The broken record story begins to play out again
Even I get tired of hearing it now
I try to tune it out
To bump the needle with my hip just a bit
To make it skip to the end
Scratching in resistance the entire way
To where the light of day peeks at me
My eyes open
Fresh, seeking, hopeful.

I go through the motions of yet another day
Another month, another year
Twilight always returning without much warning
Hovering around me to soon fall over me
Once again wanting to consume me in its darkness
In its void...in its emptiness
Where my heart almost stops beating
As if pausing to listen
For a sign...some symbol...some sound
That dawn has come early this day


Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Yahoo Images

2 comments:

PAH said...

I LOVED this poem....can actually feel the fear, hope and longing all combined!!! Awesome.

Melinda said...

thank you! :)