Thursday, March 22, 2007

destiny...



You fill me with overwhelming longing and desire
I feel I have known you a thousand lifetimes
I am so comfortable with you
I feel so protected by you
My soul will not rest till it touches yours
It doesn't want to wait!
WHY does it have to wait?
WHO says it has to wait?
It knows what it wants!
It wants you! It wants you now!
It wants to behave like a spoiled brat!
And kick and scream till it gets what it wants!

My eyes can look toward him
But he is not you
At the end of the day it is still you my heart cries for
I can listen to his voice, but it is not yours
I can search his face for signs of yours
But it will not be there

I can feel it
Can't you feel it?
When I search your eyes I feel it
When I listen to your voice I feel it
My body and mind are equally stimulated
They are screaming for your touch
They long for your kisses
They ache for your embrace

Do I long for something I cannot have?
Is this ache something I can replace with just anyone?
Are we not wasting even more time as each day passes
Into yet another day, another month, another year?

Will destiny finally arrive at my door
Only to find a heap of decrepit bones
So brittle they will snap like twigs under its feet
Will the opening of that door
Allow the winds of wasted time to enter with such force
They will turn these brittle bones into ash
The final remaining remnant of what I once was
Left as a gift for you, ironically alone, to one day set free yet again?


Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: