Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Keith picked up a portable Bissell steam cleaner yesterday that was a great price. SO..I ended up testing it out and cleaning the carpets. You should have seen all the crap and crud and black water I poured out of the machine! YUCK!! BUT....man...this is one of the best investments we have ever made. The carpets look so much better it is not even funny!! SO NICE and clean. I was worried about using any carpet cleaners on the floor except like CHEM DRY because of kids sometimes getting sick after carpets are cleaned....and that disease......so I still hope and pray nothing happens to Noah. BUT...we needed to do something...this was an allergen type formula I used to...so hopefully more safe and less toxic and with less chemicals..etc. I did not want Noah on the carpet while it was wet either unless he had shoes on...yeah right. Well...that plan did not work too well. I thought his feet looked a little red when we headed to bed last night. I will check them again today. Now my bare feet felt a little funny too although they were not really red. So maybe it will just be a small local type reaction and then fade away. The carpets did not take long to dry. AND I brought in floor fans to help with that. BUT...I told Keith if you clean them well and then clean them every so often to KEEP them clean...the carpet sure looks better and will last longer probably. It was looking pretty dirty.

Today we are probably going to go back to Home Depot and pick up this small round gas grill we saw and liked. Probably after we take Noah to preschool we will head over there and pick that up. Comes in a HUGE box but we don't have far to go home from Home Depot..it is right down the street around the corner. I told Keith we could either stick the box in the trunk and tie the trunk down for that short trip OR...take the stuff out of the trunk and fold up the box and bring it home that way. Will be nice to be able to cook out on the balcony. I washed the door glass yesterday and pulled the fridge away from the wall and MAN all the crap back there. It had been blowing all these dust bunnies everywhere so I swept it all out really good from below. I think it will be fine now. I had never done that and the way it looked I don't think ANYONE ever had done that before. I then cleaned the floor and mopped and waxed it. Cleaned all the cupboards off really well too.....wiped everything down. Needless to say....I should have taken some Tylenol last night..because today I can barely move!! Normally I know this is how I will feel the next day so I take Tylenol in advance. I did not. Just did though now so hopefully my aches and pains will feel better soon.

Had planned on getting back up to finish watching Planet of the Apes. Never did that either. I may just have Keith tell me how it ends. I think it is due back today. Maybe it isn't. If not I can keep it and watch it. I will check in a minute on line and see when it is due.

Some bratty kids were messing with things around here again early in the evening yesterday. They pulled the globe off the light outside and took the light bulb over at the building beside us. I saw the kid come over and try to take our globe off our light below our building but he couldn't budge it. Good thing as I was standing there and would have taken his picture and then yelled to him. They ran off throwing rocks at this other light that is out now too. Then I saw him later on the roof of the covered garage down the parking lot a ways from us. ON THE ROOF running around and throwing things down. SO I called our management office and told them about it. They will have to send someone out to fix and check the lights AGAIN. This looked like the same kid who used to hang around with that other kid who used to live here who was such a problem.

Anyway..getting a very late start at working. I woke up at 12:30 a.m. and was going to start working then but didn't. I came out here and went back to sleep. I HAVE to STOP doing that. SO...just getting started now and need to get back to it. Will have to work some today in the day I guess and I also have a ton of paperwork to sort through and bills to pay.

SO...that is the latest with me.

Me

No comments: