Monday, January 30, 2012

Carmelitas...wow...fantastic!


350 degree oven....8 x 8 pan

32 caramels unwrapped and melted down with about 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream (I did NOT have caramels but DID have 3 small containers of that caramel apple dip...so I spooned that out in a bowl and mixed with 1/2 cup 2% milk NOT cream(cause I did not have that either)..and microwaved it a small bit..it was fine!) SET THIS ASIDE.

Melt 3/4 cup butter...add 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon soda, and 1 cup rolled oats ( I DID NOT have rolled oats but DID have packets of instant oatmeal..I put in 2 packets - 1 banana and 1 maple brown sugar) and it worked GREAT! Mix all this together and pat 1/2 of this mixture in bottom of 8 x 8 pan. Bake for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven..top with 6 ounces (more or less) of chocolate chips...pour caramel mixture over top of this....and top off with the remaining crumb mixture from above. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.

It may look like it will be too soft...but wow..let it completely cool.....and I had forgotten I had made these...fell asleep..woke up at 2:00 a.m. and remembered they were in the kitchen. Tasted one..and WOW....delicious! Quick and easy to make too. I would imagine it would be good too if you added nuts with the chocolate chips if you like nuts....but I was out of nuts. This was sooo yummy!

No comments: