Friday, January 16, 2009

it is -14 with a wind chill of -34 degrees!


Joe


Tom

please pray for Tom and Joe. Tom is a cute cat that hangs around my grandmother's house and Joe is her neighbor's dog. The neighbors do not take very good care of Joe and he is left out in all type of elements without proper shelter and conditions are horrific for him. I have written about him before..it is so very sad. I want to just go rescue him and bring him home to where I live...but right now renting this house I am not even allowed to have the one cat I do have (which I took in as a stray).

Tom-Kat we take pretty good care of, but he still has to be left outside. My grandmother is helping to keep him fed and such until I can hopefully bring him here to live too....somewhere if I can get a place that allows pets.

Needless to say I am worried about those 2 little guys and wish I already lived somewhere ...where I could have brought them both to live. I don't want to find out they froze to death during this bitterly cold weather.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I am sending big prayers to Tom and Joe... This type of weather is no place for domestic animals to be left out.

lv2scpbk said...

Prayers. You should call the Humane Society or the dog catcher in your area. I have a neighbor who does take care of their dog, but woke up this morning to it crying loudly and scratching at their door. I gave them a few minutes to let the dog in and when they didn't I went over and knocked on their dog and told them that their dog was crying. I figured it had to be hurting pretty bad because it is a husky or Alaskan Mulimute (spelling?) but I thought they may have fallen asleep or something because I'm not sure how long it was out there before I said something. It woke me up out of a deep sleep. I couldn't leave this animal out there without saying something.

It wasn't as cold as this a few weeks ago and it was in the paper some lady left her dog outside and it died and literly froze to the sidewalk. I still think about that. I say, if you don't want to tell them directly, please call a dog warden or someone who can step in.

I take my dogs out to go to the bathroom and stand out there with them and only being out there a couple of minutes, their paws start to hurt really bad and they keep holding them up. It's about minus 10 here with a windchill factor below that.