Saturday, January 03, 2009

Half Ton Teen, Half Ton Dad, Half Ton Mom.......


anyone else watched those shows on cable yet? My oh my. I have to say it certainly makes one think more than twice about shoving something into your mouth ever again that is not appropriate or good or healthy for you. The half ton dad was so large...when they decided to get him help they had to tear out an entire wall to just get him out from his own home. Aides and nurses in the hospital had to work together to lift all his fatty tumors and lumps up to wash him every day. He basically sat around with only a big sheet over him and something draped across his private area. The half ton teen reportedly would consume 30,000 calories per DAY! Since these people could not really get around anymore on their own (except for the teen).....that meant others (enablers) had to bring them food. That would be a lot of food and wrong foods to be taking in to someone else to eat.

The shows are sad and sometimes hopeful and inspires you to face your own reality.....

because without doing that.....nothing can ever be changed in your life.

What percentage of a ton are you? That can be eye opening and make you want to change huh?

5 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

I do watch these shows. I just can't imagine eating 30,000 calories a day! Wow! I'm always on some sort of diet and exercise plan. I'm reading a book right now that's about changing the way you think in order to lose weight. I agree with this. You have to change you mind set or you'll never lose. Do you watch "The Biggest Loser" and "Ruby"? I watch those too.

Melinda said...

I have seen only parts of Biggest Loser.....I like to see the before and after ..I just watched a COUPLEs on the other day..that was interesting.

I have seen parts of Ruby too..not watched it all though.

It is a lifestyle change that does indeed begin with the mind set!

Caroline said...

OMG...this makes me sad. Interesting how you talk about them as enablers. They are truly the biggest (no pun intended) enablers. They can do nothing for themselves, except chew and watch TV. Holy cow.

Melinda said...

yes it was especially sad for the teen...as the mother loves her son so much....but not enough to see that she is killing him.....by continuing to bring him 30,000 calories to eat in 1 day!

lmorrissey1968 said...

Why does it always seem like the "enablers" are on their way to being as FAT as the FATTY they are enabling? What are these people thinking when they let themselves get this way? I am so sick of these people blaming their "situation" on McDonald's and Burger King. Ever heard of willpower? There is just no excuse and I don't feel a bit sorry for these people. I say let them die from their life of gluttony.