Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I cannot believe it is only about 2 weeks until Thanksgiving...

CharlieBrownThanksgiving12

seems like only yesterday it was Thanksgiving last year.....and now we are approaching it again.  Won't be long and Christmas and New Years will be here and over with as well....and then we will be heading into another year!   People always say the older you get the faster time seems to  pass by.  But time is relative isn't it?  So if it is how we merely "perceive" it.....why is it children perceive time as moving so slow and older people as moving by so quickly?  Aside from the obvious.

If this is true  (if it is merely how we perceive it) then is it not possible to change HOW we perceive time so we can make it conform to whatever our needs or desires are? 

WHAT if the masses.......the majority.....all began to think of time the same way as children do?   You know we become what we think.....or cause to happen what we dwell on.  So does time move by more quickly for the elderly because they dwell on time passing by quickly and they feel they are running out of time? AND because they have been "conditioned" to believe it over time which in essence has made it factual in their life?

I have had it said over and over to me for many many years by just about everyone older than me in my family.....that time will go by faster the older you get.   have had this drilled into my brain and subconscious hundreds of times.....probably thousands by now.  If one is subjected to this onslaught over the years of "time goes by faster the older you get".....I imagine it is more than probable that person would also grow up to "believe" it and thus cause it to be fulfilled in their life?

2 comments:

Angie at Home said...

lol... guess what I got in the mail today from Blockbuster? Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special which I can't remember ever seeing. So I'll be watching that tonight.

The cookies you and Noah made look yummy. I love gingerbread.

lv2scpbk said...

Well it does seem that way, as we get older time goes faster. I remember when I was young it seemed it would take forever to grow up. There are times when time does go slow like at work. I guess if you're doing fun things, time goes fast and if you're doing something boring to you, time goes slow.