Wednesday, June 04, 2008

the weather outside is frightful!.....

storms all night long......flooding.....tornadoes......pouring rain....hail......winds.....LIGHTNING!....it has been unreal and relentless......some areas have had 4 inches or more of rain. It is still raining here pretty badly......and high winds and lightning has let up for now.

We are still under a tornado watch....we have not yet had the intense heat of 90 degree weather which is due to start tomorrow.....92 they predict now....HUMID and hot with all this rain and climbing heat I have STEAM rolling off my roof. I had to go outside to make sure my house was not on fire.

AND I find myself getting ready for fall and winter again already....hum.....

OF NOTE.......DO NOT be near pipes such as in a sink or bathtub during storms with lightning.....I imagine even the toilet. LIGHTNING has been known to strike the PIPES underneath the ground and travel UP AND OUT to strike YOU. I did not know this until last night...in fact other than the attraction of the water I never even thought about the pipes before. AND it can still strike you even if 10 miles away....another FACT I did not know about.

We have lots of flooded side streets here.....do NOT try driving through flooded streets ever!

They do say CELL PHONES are OKAY AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT plugged into anything. I am not sure I totally agree with that but...that is what the experts are saying.

Anyway......while there is a slight lull in the lightning I am finally online and need to get some work done!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yeah, I had always heard that you shouldn't take a shower while it's storming out. My basement was flooded and my driveway, I had to clean out both of the drains before I could even leave for work yesterday!