Wednesday, June 18, 2008

note to self.......


you need to work on your responses to stress ( I just typed THERAPY--HAH!)

Yes...you need to remember you are teaching your son how to respond positive to stress in life. EVERYONE will always have stress...but it is how we deal with it that counts.

You are setting an example....avoid screwing up on this.

And besides....our little stresses are nothing compared to so many others in the world.

UPDATE ON GARAGE DOOR: Yes it is fixed. My landlord seemed overly concerned that the man he was going to send to me to fix the door was "black." He asked me if I minded if he was "black." I know my face squinched up in a puzzled look but over the phone he could not see that so I said "well of course that is more than alright why?" He proceeded to tell me that apparently it bothers SOME. HUM.......

He then proceeded to tell me how good a job this man does.....was I sure it was okay if he was black....well he was really only HALF black and he did a great job and I quote "for being half black."

WTF????? I was shaking my head now....and again stressed it was FINE the man could come out...I had no problems with him as long as he was going to do what he was here to do! NO matter the color.....etc.

He came out.....funny thing is.....he did not look black to me...or even HALF black. He looked just like any other elderly man...and I would never have even known any of this had it not been for the landlord even telling me this.

GOOD NEWS...he replaced not only the broken cable but the other side too! YEAH...I can get the door open and closed now even easier than before!

Had a nice picnic at the park yesterday afternoon with my son......the weather was absolutely gorgeous!

3 comments:

Angie at Home said...

So how did the hospital tour go?

Did you get there on time? No falling overpass cluttering up the highway?

Melinda said...

YES we got there on time....it went well....stopped at mom's on the way back.....she got Noah a stroller like they had gotten for Audrey.....so he is happy.

I should really be thankful we were not in the highway area the night the bad wreck happened!

Anonymous said...

glad the door was fixed by a competent human being. ;-)

yeah, i need to learn to handle my stresses better too. it makes me become physically ill, which is a big no no.

happy saturday.

paz