Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I think I have a special needs cat......and I just can't give up on him yet....

P1080684
He has been attacking me and Noah on a regular basis.  I think part of his problem is lack of exercise, play time and stimulation.  Today I started some new routines where Noah and I play with Opie.....and give him some activity several times during the day.  He has only tried to get my legs a couple of times and those were more half-hearted thank goodness. Otherwise he slept most of the time in between play time.   Maybe he will end up being okay after all.  I hope so....because I have now grown attached to him....which I did not think I had and I could easily let him go to another place to live......but I am attached.  If he is not happy I will find him a new home....but I really want to see if I can make this work.  I am  a very determined person....either that or I have a slight masochistic side.

Otherwise today it rained all day.  I would have loved to be catnapping with someone I love........but I had to work. 

I found a couple more houses to go look Friday I hope. 

I cannot believe we are halfway into May.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I was wondering about play time with him, but figured you guys were already doing that. I'm glad you're not taking him to the pound or something. Yes, yesterday would have been a good day to sleep in and cat nap, but I was stuck at work all day!

Love you!

Melinda said...

I would NEVER take an animal to the pound! EVER!

Melinda said...

and we have played with him.....we are just changing it up......doing different things.....extending it for longer periods of time..etc.

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on him.

My friend had a cat called Mental because he would go 'mental' on everyone (I remember when he attacked me and scratched my legs). She rescued him from the streets, where neighbors abused him and gave him crack. He was challenging but she didn't give up and later on his behavior mellowed a bit. He was still slightly mental but better.

Paz

Melinda said...

yeah well this one was found off the streets too.....not one I went and hand picked out. SO I am sure he had a rough start...