Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Don't we make ANYTHING in the USA anymore?

I am so sick of this!  I decided to buy Walgreen's brand of Prilosec today as it was a lot cheaper than the name brand version.  I have had success with other Walgreen brand products.  I am an avid label reader and now always try to see where a product is MADE.  This was MADE IN ISRAEL!!!!!  ISRAEL????????  Can we not manufacture Walgreen brand over the counter drugs ourselves here in the USA??

MOST TIMES now if it says MADE IN CHINA I put it back.  Even if it is something I might really want to have or even need.  I do not trust ANYTHING coming from China.  To me there is no excuse for the United States of America allowing ANY crap to be made within our own country let alone pay to IMPORT more crap from China.

Now they are talking about sending US people over to China to help CLEAN UP and STRAIGHTEN out the mess over there.  Excuse me? ??  I say BRING THE PRODUCTS AND JOBS AND DEMAND BACK into our own country and let our own workers have those jobs. 

I cannot honestly recall seeing a label that said MADE IN THE USA now for a very long time.  Can you?  I do not even remember the last time I saw such a label.  It used to make me feel good to see those labels and I always felt I was getting a good quality product.....and it was safe. 

Sure we have had a few snafus along the way......but nothing that compares to the lead issues and other toxic wastes  being added to products MADE IN CHINA that then become "tainted" and ready to ship to the USA.  I think they have now included that as the final phase of their production lines.  "Oh wait.....we forgot to add the lead!" It is so ridiculous  now.   And they have come up with very clever ways to cover it all up.......it is not like they did not know what has been going on.  AND if they did not......where are OUR authorities whose job it is to make sure CHINA CRAP coming into our country is safe to begin with?  I think too many have been sleeping on the job and just passing the buck to someone else.  AND everyone is just too lazy and don't really give a crap anyway unless it affects them directly.  Well it is affecting them directly but they have too much LEAD in their brain to even be aware of it!

As I have said all along (and I am hoping and praying some big-shot government officials finally get the idea to follow through on my hopes)....it would have been cheaper to have kept those products and jobs in the USA all along.  The cost now of fixing this mess we find ourselves, especially if they send US people now to China to fix this......will be HUGE!  This is then reflected the price of a product.  So much for saving the almighty dollar!  AND this does not take into account all the lawsuits people will file with these companies for a loved one  or family member dying from a tainted product or suffering other physical ailments. 

This has become a very touchy subject for me.  IT can actually make my stomach tighten up into knots.....almost makes me want to puke.   Or maybe it's just a case of lead poisoning.

Meanwhile my cat has decided to eat me up for dinner....but he apparently never gets full.  I think my cat is going to have to find a new home to live in soon.....as I am getting tired of being attacked.  Here is his latest to my left foot.....this morning....oh yeah......what a wonderful way to start my day!

 

P1090669crp

No comments: