Sunday, April 08, 2007

gifts...



You are a gift
The best kind of present
You allow me to remove your wrappings
One layer at a time
To see what lies within
Just when I think I have already received the ultimate present
The very best you can offer
I discover yet another box, hidden inside the previous
Wrapped in even finer paper than the last
Concealing another precious truth about you
My eyes are in awe of these jewels
I stand in amazement as time and time again
The entire process repeats itself
I sit down because my knees grow weak with disbelief
I smile as the hand of fate turns toward me
Filled with offerings precisely selected for me
How amazing when the universe listens
When I speak of my needs and desires
Then one by one carries them to me
In your arms, your gaze, your kisses, your eyes, your words, your love.
And oh how sweet is the taste of your love
Unlike any before you, you seem to have been designed specifically for me
As I for you
You are so very good for my thirsty soul
I think I shall drink till I am drunk


Copyright ©2007 Melinda A. Napoletano
Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: