Wednesday, February 07, 2007

just misc. junk

So I take a shower this morning after getting my 4 hours of sleep....no...I guess it was actually 4-1/2 hours of sleep. Figured the shower would help me wake up. I noticed about halfway through the water was starting to gurgle a lot and then not drain properly. SO I am thinking 'oh great, we have frozen pipes or something clogged' so I finish the shower and get the plunger......and all this sludgy crap comes up.......I clean the hair from the drain.......and the water is sorta going down the drain a bit better. I then heard gurgling in the toilet....and in the pipes around the toilet.....thinking oh great.....has anyone flushed this yet this morning......remembering I had and Noah had. SO I flushed it......and noticed the water level rising in the toilet bowl.....so I stuck the plunger in there........and it went down......a bit.......not much.....but did not overflow.

Then I see that the two problems are connected.....somewhere......cause when the toilet water drains out of the bowl.......it seems to be coming up into the tub. NOW this is CLEAN water........not sewage and crap......we are not flushing down toilet water after we used it. SO I flush and plunge a few more times....turn on the scalding hot water in the tub........I called the landlord....thinking maybe there is more of a problem than just something clogged.

While talking to him I finally got the tub draining.........and the toilet is getting better.....so I am hoping whatever was in there stuck is moving along.

The landlord did make a proposition.....NO...not that kind. He said since I have been a very good renter and I had originally expressed an interest in buying this home....he wanted to know if come summer when my rent lease is up if I might be interested in buying the house because they are thinking about selling it already......and they would like to sell it to me (on land contract to make money)....since I am a good renter and showed interest in it.

I told him I appreciated the offer but would have to see what life was throwing at me by then.....as right now I was only able to work part-time hours which means I am no longer generating the income like I did before. I COULD work more if I can ever figure out a schedule that actually works........I have been trying to do that now for a year......and so far I still am not past part-time......or barely. SO.....I told him I would definitely consider it.

Downside is...if he is really going to sell it and I do not buy it.......I may be looking at yet another move in 6 months! I moved 3 times last year....and right now would not even have the money to make another move let alone deposits and all that crap. At this rate I will be charging everything in my life which is not good unless I can get a grasp on my hours and work schedule along with the rest of my life! BUT......if I do......I will seriously have to consider buying this then or letting it go....and maybe getting something else somewhere else. This house is nice and the location is great....but there are times when a slightly larger house would be even better.....Noah could definitely use a separate room for his school stuff and therapy stuff. I could use my own office area......etc. We are better than we were before but still a bit shy on space......and now Noah is wanting to get into model RR trains.....set those up. You really need like a basement area for that.

SO lots to think about. We shoveled snow last night even though I guess I did not really have to. My 4-wheel truck would get over any snow in the drive...but I do like to keep it cleared off to get the mail etc.

It is sunny......and already 12:17 and I still have work a bit....have a bite to eat......homeschool Noah.......and work on putting some things away in the house. I am thankful the landlord did not come out or have to today....I still have all my Christmas boxes of ornaments sitting here waiting to be taken back to the garage and put away.....but it has been a bit too chilly to be out there for an hour or two moving stuff around!

AND I got an abrasive comment on my Dear Noah blog....from someone against paddling kids for any reason. They were commenting on one of my posts from 2004 where I said I had paddled....aka swatted......Noah on the butt to get his attention. This was through his diapered butt. Oh well......I am not going to get into it here.

I try to let things be....let it go......just take things for the way they are. I made a vow this year to embrace it all......good or bad.....and that is what I will still be trying to do. Grab what I can when I can....and hopefully give a little back too.

No comments: