Friday, February 09, 2007

can I scream a tiny bit now?

okay........so somewhere down toward the connection to the sewage line I guess...maybe there is something blocked.......

cause when Noah was sitting in the tub tonight......I had the washer going at the same time......next thing I know when the washer hit the spin cycle and was spinning the water out.......it all was gushing into the tub through the seal up near the faucet as well as backing up in the toilet! I had water everywhere......I called the landlord....who seemed very unconcerned and said he MIGHT be able to get someone here tomorrow.....but probably not till sometime on MONDAY!!!!

Oh yeah.....so where am I supposed to pee or otherwise till then? Let alone Noah....who may likely freak out if he has to do his business in a bucket?

I cleaned up the floor...the tub is not yet drained out....it has been 2 hours. The toilet has finally drained down.....great. I have cleaned up the place a bit in case the landlord brings a worker over here.......but my office is a mess but they have no reason to be in there. The door can stay shut. The rest of the house is fine.....

this was not what I had planned for a Friday night. I was to be working. The landlord wanted to bring a plunger over to try that before he would ever even think about calling a plumber. AND he wanted me to help him plunge...which I told him I did not have time to do (but I think I scared him off as he never called back to even check to see how things were....and I ended up doing all the plunging by myself which did no good anyway).

He just does not want to pay the extra for an after hours plumber's call......but that goes along with being a landlord. I think I scared him off as when we were talking and I had water backing into the toilet and into the tub and Noah standing there panicking...I probably raised my voice to him on the phone a bit and told him I guess it all depended on how much damage he wanted to have to pay to get fixed later as right then more water was gushing in and there was already 2 inches on the floor.....the tub was over half full and still coming in.....and I had no time to talk to him on the phone! NO plunging was working. No amount of Liquid Plumbers is going to fix this. This is another problem obviously when the water is backing up into the tub or toilet without doing anything!

he is crazy. ....I am thankful I got a shower earlier today and it went fairly well then. I am thankful we were done with Noah's bath and rinsing the shampoo out of his hair before all this happened. I guess I should have held off on the washing of one load of clothes as things may not have escalated to this point. Maybe the landlord knows these things already and just is a laid back sorta guy who does not let anything ruffle his feathers.....I don't know. BUT it ticked me off that he did not think water gushing in around us was an emergency. When I asked him what we were to do for a bathroom for the next 1-3 days he asked me "well isn't the water going down the toilet?" HELLO?????????????? I have water backing up and running out on the floor so NOOOOOOOOO it is not going down!

breathe.......breathe.........

all is well now.....to hell with it. I will let the water drain. We will make do. I will somehow make peeing or heaven forbid pooping in a bucket FUN for Noah.......or take him to McDonalds and let him go there. I will somehow magically rise and shine and get my sorry ass out of bed or off the sofa and re-dressed in time after working tonight/tomorrow morning....just IN CASE they decide to show up to check out the problem tomorrow. ( I'll be damned if I am going to call and make arrangements on fixing this. I have called him twice this week already....this time on an emergent basis....he seems unconcerned. ) This could mean less than 4 hours of sleep I am sure. Fine...I can sleep in my clothes...that cuts down on a step. I am not going to have them come into my home with me not here to work on anything....so I guess my plans of doing much else will be put off till I know for sure they have been here and are done and gone.

Okay.....I need to put that load of clothes in the dryer.....spin water out of towels......and hang to dry for now...as they will need washing but I am not sure I can do another load without the same thing happening and crap I may need them again for the same thing so I may as well wait. I want to finish sweeping...baking cookies for Noah and a few other things here...... so much for my working......at least not yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh,now this I'm familiar with..always having to call the slumlord,oops,landlord when sewage would start backing up into the shower and sink..well,it did give the roaches and rats somethig to do..

Melinda said...

yeah well this is a great house and place to live. I do not enjoy being a renter but....if not a renter than I would have to be paying to get this fixed...so upside to it I suppose.

I know there is a more serious problem happening here but for now....so far so good today. I did get worked up last night with water all over my floor in the bathroom. I was thankful it was NOT sewage water but clean toilet bowl water and water from my washer......etc. BIG PLUS there....haha

BUT....I will have to tread lightly with water usage here in the house or the same thing will happen again....till someone shows up to look at it, snake it or something. I am sure something is clogged a lot farther down in the pipe somewhere......or there is another bigger problem.

so far though it is Saturday afternoon and still NO word from the landlord. SO I either scared him off or he is purposefully waiting now till Monday. That tells me he could care less about the place....