Tuesday, January 23, 2007

there you are.......here I am.....


There you were.....here I am....is how it started out
Two lonely hearts searching to be held
Two voices crying to speak out
Yearning to be heard above all others
You saw me I saw you
Two souls from different worlds reunited
Each with a point of view
Closer we drew till our hearts merged as one
Walking carefree into the fire
Not realizing by remaining apart
Our spirits would begin to tire
Next came the longing, the aching, the crying
The insatiable needs beginning to bloom
All reaching a deafening crescendo
With your spoken words to me "soon."
How much longer need I wait?
Do my cries fall on deaf ears?
If I scream louder will you come running?
Can you no longer see my tears?
I grow restless, I am weary
I ache to be by your side
Still there you are ... and here I am
Just going along for the ride

Copyright ©2002-2007 Melinda A. Napoletano

No comments: