Friday, November 18, 2005

So I cannot believe all we are accomplishing today. Little by little things are getting done in the house. Our house is finally starting to look more like a HOUSE again...no...a HOME! YEAH!

We got the bathroom floor laid. I got to checking out the roll of so-called linoleum....and realized it was not linoleum but vinyl flooring instead. That is fine....and it looks nice....just realized there was NO way it could be linoleum as it was a lot thinner and more pliable, etc. Hopefully it will hold up well and not crack or break through. I guess if it does we can replace it again. Sure looks so nice and so much better than the old 1980s linoleum that was in the bathroom.

I finished filling in the cracks in the kitchen floor grout today...wow...talk about a major improvement and a much cheaper investment and redo than replacing the entire floor again. This floor is only 2 years old and looks nice still and I hated to redo the floor already if it was not really needed. Some of the tiles had moved so I just filled in the gaps with matching grout...looks super nice!

So those are 2 more things to cross of my list.

I am also thinking instead of repainting all my kitchen cabinets....just painting the base again as that is the most needed areas...and then putting some kind of a covering over the cabinets and a trim around that...will make the cabinets look a lot nicer and fancier and will allow me to NOT have to repaint all of them again or even take them down off the cabinets perhaps. WOW...that would be a big time saver and money saver if I can do it!

Then it is repainting the other bath...and our kitchen...and hallway. I would also like to redo our bedroom and move the furniture in there around if we can. Of course we still have some boxes to sort and move around and stuff to continue taking to the locker. I am not too worried anymore...if we don't get it all completely done before Thanksgiving at least it will be a lot nicer and almost done...the areas where most people will be (if we even had any visitors) will be redone and finished. Shoot...I may even be ready to decorate for Christmas after Thanksgiving next weekend after all.

Anyway...sun shining but windy again today. Has actually warmed up a tad...about 53 degrees!

No comments: