Saturday, November 08, 2008

I stepped out into my garage last night.....

to get ready to run to the store for a few things.....and thank goodness I had my shoes on and was not barefoot. I had just loaded our cat into the car (yes he does accompany us on most outings) and I happened to see something large and black beside the step going back into the house. I at first thought it was some left-over Halloween decorations since I had taken everything down and put things away in the garage the other night. I bent over to look a little closer and OMG I saw a huge big furry black spider!!!!!! Looked something like this guy




but only black.....NO I did not try to get past him to get my camera to take any photos! I knew my time was limited to SMASH him. I thought about asking Noah to bring me a glass to trap him and try taking him back outside.....but the idea of that creeped me out too much! I also knew however I did not want to step on him to mash him.....I knew I would feel that big body crunching under my foot. I looked around the garage trying to find something I could mash him with and mash him with quick....as if he darted somewhere UNDER something......well...I would not be sleeping for weeks.

I found a brick.....yes! It would work well....I picked it up...and apologized for having to kill it at the same time I was trying to line the brick up over the spider to drop it down and pray he was not big enough to buck the brick back off or survive the brick on top of him. I dropped the brick and then had to put my hand back on it and smash down hard....hearing this horrible crunch as I went. This spider made a HUGE mess when I mashed him....no blood...only brown yucky stuff. I felt bad still for having to kill it and took the smashed carcass still on the brick (praying he was not just pretending to be dead)outside to wipe off in the grass. I cannot imagine if he was in my house.

Today Ohio State plays Northwestern! So come on guys.......I hope you got your act together since the last game 2 weeks ago. We may be spoiled yes when it comes to your playing skills but we also know you CAN do so much better than you all did 2 weeks ago!

SO GO BUCKS!!!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh nasty! I don't like big spiders at all. Glad you killed it and it didn't go darting off hiding someplace.

Patty said...

Mean looking spider. But then I think most are mean looking unless they are just a baby or a Grand Daddy long legs.

Steph said...

Oh my didn't know you get big spiders like this one in Ohio.. but still I wouldn't have killed it.. well maybe ... I put them out of the house ( the big ones ... the small ones can stay as long as they stay in a corner !).

Melinda said...

well I normally don't kill anything but do catch the bugs and put them back outside. This one however was very large....and I did not want to get bit or have it fall somewhere and then I could not get it. PLUS if I put him outside....he probably would have ended right back up in the garage! I have seen too many people get bit by brown recluse spiders to take a chance on these types!

BUT normally I don't kill anything......even a bug that falls into the toilet I will fish him out and set him free.