Friday, December 14, 2007

my local Humane Society personnel won't do her freaking job!

acts like everything is a pain in her ass! I AM SO UPSET!

I have called about a dog that a neighbor of my grandma has...penned up in a too-small pen consisting of poop/standing water/mud for the floor. He has no place to get in from the elements and can be found outside even when we had a blizzard last year. He walks around in standing water all the time that is mixed with his own poop and mud because any grassy floor got washed away a long time ago and because the owners refuse to go out and clean anything up. He never seems to have fresh water anywhere unless we give it to him. His old igloo dog house is now too small for him and it stands over a HUGE HOLE in the ground that also fills up with shitty water. He has a sore on his right front lower leg that is slowly becoming infected. They do feed him..but that is about it.

I go see my grandma all the time so I have befriended this poor dog. I take him treats and other family members along with me pay attention to him and pet him and try to lighten up his sad life somewhat. However there is only so much we can do. If I had a place where I was allowed to have a dog this dog would have already been removed from his crappy hell hole and taken to a good place to live.

I have about had it with our local Humane Society. The woman working there acts like everything is a pain in her ass to do. I have called a few times now about this dog. She did finally come out and told the owners they had to at least put straw down for him and keep it clean and provide Joe with fresh water. Have they done it yet? NO. I called the Humane Society back..yes.....I am slowly becoming a big thorn in this woman's backside. She said she went back out but no one answered the door. BULLSHIT! These people are always home because they work from home. Grant it...they may have chosen to NOT answer the door but holy crap.....they do not have to answer a door to be served a citation.....which would then require them to go to court to PROVE they have done what they are supposed to do...etc.

NEXT step is court. I called again today complaining that about 2 weeks or so have passed and still nothing has been done. I told the woman working at the Humane Society that I KNEW no one had to be home in order to be served a citation correct? SHE said no they did not. SO...she has no excuse....but what ticks me off even more....is the fact that she acted like it was going to be a big pain in her ass to go back out there and write them up a citation. I told her about the conditions and the dog's sore getting worse.....and she said she would go back out. I told her I would CONTINUE TO FREAKING CALL HER UP until something was DONE about this because this neglect regarding this dog has gone on for too long. SOMETHING has to be done!

She was not happy about me saying I would continue to call.

MY complaint is this. Either shit and do your f'n job or get off the pot and get a different job. I asked WHO WAS ABOVE HER.......which she totally misinterpreted and thought I meant what was the next step if nothing is done from these owners with this poor dog. I actually meant WHO WAS above her..HER supervisor...HER boss.....which I WILL f'n find out and send MY pictures of this dog's conditions and the fact that nothing is being done to help this dog if she doesn't do her job!

I am sorry for my language and attitude but enough is enough. I pray JOE will stay safe and at the very least be removed from this crappy home and placed in a good loving home as he is a wonderful dog and so lovable even through his obviously suck-ass life thus far.

Here is Joe...and some pics of his living conditions and a movie clip I posted separately...it is enough to make you sick.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



here he is last year after the blizzard......after most all of the snow had melted.....again....he was outside....the entire f'n time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


the people who have this dog have had it since it was a puppy...and they put him outside....and that is where he has been left. He never gets out of the pen......never do they spend time with him or play with him or even visit/talk with him. He does get some food from them....but they never clean him up or clean his pen up. They never do squat for this dog. This past summer the pen was completely engulfed by overgrown weeds that stood higher than the fence of the pen. Joe could not get any air through the fence.....or even see out of the pen. MY UNCLE climbed into the pen and cut all the weeds down...NOT the owners of this dog.

The poop has been there from day one......only reducing in quantity by the natural elements and rain and snow washing it away. The owners NEVER clean up the poop.

Once something falls into the pen......that is where it remains. The owners never clean the trash out. They do not make sure Joe has adequate shade in the summer or fresh water. They do not make sure he has adequate shelter in bad weather. He is left out back by himself in this pen all the time.

Meanwhile these owners have another dog they keep inside with them all the time.....they also have a cat or two. Poor Joe remains outside......no one but us seem to ever pay attention to him.

Here is a clip of his conditions now....they have been this way the entire fall and early winter thus far.....

Click here to watch 'neglect-of-a-petpoor-Joe'

6 comments:

Angie at Home said...

Okay.... send this video clip to Howard Nathan at Turn to 2. Then call the lady at the Humane Society and tell her that you have video taped the dogs living conditions and turning it to channel 2. Trust me... she will react.

Actually give me the bitches number and I'll call her to. That is bullshit

Melissa said...

I also suggested that she send it to all the local TV stations and explain how the humane society is doing nothing....it should get her ass in gear if nothing else. I would also email the Dayton Daily News....why not?

Anonymous said...

You are a nice lady. Could the dog disappear?:-) Call a rescue organzation in your area and talk to them. If you get some animal people on your side something will be done.

I live in Oklahoma and I wish I could help you and that poor dog!

lv2scpbk said...

What a lonely life for this wonderful looking guy. Please keep trying to get him help. The last resort would be to call the news station. If they go out then something would be done. Call and don't give your name if you don't want to but call. Give them the address and in this cold, maybe they will take action. They are doing news stories about animals in the cold right now, this maybe one they will want.

Melinda said...

I DID contact our news ...they did nothing about it either

Melinda said...

I want to just go TAKE Joe...but have no place to bring him to yet