Wednesday, September 12, 2007

tea.........

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well I have gone about oh 10 days or so I believe now without coffee. I have been enjoying my teas and discovered an even larger TEA world out there than I ever anticipated. I have always had a well-stocked cupboard of flavored teas and herbal teas. With the approaching cooler weather the urge for coffee has returned with a vengeance. I decided to do an experiment today. I decided to BREW some jo and see if I wanted it...or it still tasted good to me MINUS the cream. Well.....I did not really smell anything as it brewed.....and once done I poured some in a cup and smelled it. Then I just tasted not even an entire sipful.......BLAH! It tasted not all that great to me anymore....and was sort of bitter and nasty black. Maybe it was old......because I imagine my Gevalia would still be good.......but......the experiment proved something to me. I spit out the coffee and poured out the cup and pot...and brewed me tea instead. THAT really satisfied me and tasted much better to me than the coffee had.


A couple of advantages with the tea......they have a milder taste and are not bitter like coffee can be at times......especially when I drank it black. They have many flavors that give me just about the same feeling as my coffee did WITH creamer.

With the holiday seasons coming up I wantd to check to see if anyone carried pumpkin spice tea.......and one of my favorite flavors hazelnut......and was stunned to find BOTH easily in many different brands of teas. I also found eggnog and Christmas eve or Christmas morning teas......some tea that is similar to coffee but without the side effects......and some like hot chocolate. ALL of course zero to almost zero in calories or fat grams and sugar content. I like that!

Anyway......I found a couple of companies online.....and ordered .......well......a LOT of tea. I had already ordered some of my fav gingerbread spice from Celestial Seasonings and got that the other day.

SINCE do so.....I have discovered many tea companies out there specializing in GOURMET teas or dessert teas......and wow.......I had no idea! Candy Cane tea with bits of candy cane in it.........pumpkin spice......eggnog......on and on. I almost did not know where to begin but since I apparently can do nothing half-ass I just ordered some of everything I wanted to try.

AND there is just something I love about teapots and teacups and all that dainty stuff though I do not always get out my teapot or cups but instead will drink my teas while working from a coffee mug. BUT the photo above I adore. The colors....the shape......I can feel that cup in my hands and approaching my lips. It just makes the entire experience so much more enjoyable and I swear makes the teas taste even better!

I am weird....

of course I also love vintage......and these teacups remind me of something my grandma has......

No comments: