Sunday, August 05, 2007

Crickets outside my window...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As the hands of the clock approach the midnight hour

My eyes gaze upon the flickering flames of a candle

My ears hear only what sounds like a million crickets

All chirping together in perfect rhythm outside my window

A breeze gently blows the curtains back across my naked skin

And the softness makes me catch my breath

My longing for you is intense tonight

It fills my eyes with stinging tears

It makes my throat tight and my heart heavy

How I wish I could turn around and crawl into bed with you

To lie beside you and softly speak about our day

How I wish these curtains caressing my skin

Were your hands

And the dripping wax from the flame of my candle

Our bodies melting and molding together as one

As we match the rhythm of the crickets outside my window

Sharing the secrets of each other's body

Until our eyes grow heavy with sleep

And our bodies give out from exhaustion


Copyright ©2007 man&SippingTheVastSpring

Image Source: Yahoo Images

No comments: