Monday, July 18, 2005

Found some great book deals all 75% off at our local Safeway! Amazing things. I even found one for Noah to teach him how to do buttons and tie shoe laces, etc. I love sales like that and of course I am one who thinks you can never have too many books. THOUGH when moving time comes around I rethink that! haha.

Nothing else much new I guess. I have done nothing the past couple of nights but get plenty of sleep and it has been very very nice! Waking up late (for me that would be like 7:00 a.m.!) Having dreams and ones I can remember. I do need to concentrate on some work and those papers for Noah. THEN start organizing things here at home.

We will be moving to Electronic Medical Records (EMR) at work at the hospital starting in August. COULD mean definite changes to my job and eventually perhaps me having NO job as I know it now anyway. MY hope is that since we have so many physicians rebelling against using a premade template and just adding in the blanks....that they can continue dictating as is on tapes the "specifics to fill in the blanks" and I CAN be the one to type and transcribe that information into the templates for them. COULD BE the best of worlds for all of us if this happens as the docs and myself would no longer have too much work overload...in fact...we should all easily be able to keep UP I would think. ALL the usual repetitive stuff I type now I would have automatically pulled up on a template...and I would only be typing in smaller amounts of specifics to make the template PERSONAL to that specific patient. WOW....it COULD BE good. OR I could be out of a job if someone else like the docs will be doing all this. Won't happen overnight. Will be a transition of many many months IF we EVER move away from paper charts and trails.

SO.....with that notion in the back of my mind...my what would you say...my DEVOTION to my job has changed. I am now going to not worry if I want to take time off for vacation and in fact WILL take time off WHEN I WANT TO. I won't care if it affects the hospital as they obviously would not care if their changes affect my position long-term. While companies do this all the time to their employees and it happens all the time....still does not make it right. I see many things like this happening lately at the hospital and I don't like what I see. It is sad...to think someone can put in many many years to only have them revamp things and then tell you "well...we don't need you anymore". My boss is great and plans on doing whatever she can to keep me as is and or come up with a different job for me if the worst case scenario ever played out. BUT it just goes to show you the days of working for anyone LONG-TERM to retirement is pretty much over. Times are changing and companies have to change to keep up with the times. This unfortunately sometimes means revamping and ridding themselves of workers...good and bad. Loyal and unloyal. I am thinking I may not be quite so loyal now.

SO..........thinking about when I want to take some time off!! hahaha.

Later.....

No comments: