Monday, April 28, 2003

Well...just found out a son of my former supervisor passed away suddenly in his sleep Friday night. He was 33 years old. Don't know the reason yet...but really makes you realize NONE of us know how long we have on this earth do we? I have recently been thinking a lot about living and life and passing on...etc. We would LOVE to have the assurance of living forever and being here for our families and friends. BEING HERE may be the issue as we don't really have all the control over that we would like. There is no guarantees huh? Even if you are the healthiest you can be and exercise every day and do all the so-called RIGHT things...you could end up like Eric who died in his sleep and could be from natural causes. Weird.....I believe as Christians and believers we live forever. I know once we have families we wish and want to live forever here on this earth. I guess as I am getting older and see those around me getting older and talking about passing on or passing on...it makes you wonder about life and what you are doing with your life and what you need to do with your life. Does everyone have something to look forward to in their lives every day? For years to come? I know of many who don't have anything to look forward to now. Makes me wonder will I or my family all have anything to look forward to in time? and over time? Will Noah? I believe so....but like with my grandpa...grandma said he sometimes just wishes he were dead or would die. I know my great grandma used to wish that to. Did their life get so miserable or unhappy that they honestly wished that? Where does things change? I know some are in bad health and could be suffering....I guess part of me understands why someone like that might wish they would die. They probably get so tired of hurting or being in pain....that it over takes every thought and action on their part. But what about just getting older.....basically being okay but just getting older. Aren't we supposed to look forward to that somewhat? Seems most I know don't look forward to it much at all. I know I catch myself sometimes wishing time would stand still in certain areas of my life....hahhaa..but keep moving on in others. I wish and pray my family and friends and myself to be here forever.....anyway...can be a bit depressing. Makes you want to certainly live your life to the fullest now though.....so guess that is a lesson to be gained from this sad sad story.

Alright..take a breath............

No comments: