Thursday, December 20, 2012

WOW..been a long time since I have been here or posted anything...

well..I have been busy working and making changes in  my life......have stopped trying to learn more Suzi Blu techniques in my artwork and just decided to be creative again on my own...this is my latest. I was really inspired by a recent photograph of a child...and decided to create something with it. I sketched the face ....mod pdged it onto another heavier sheet of sketch pad paper....then tore the edges and glued it onto a science fair project board I had lying around. I first though, tore papers and mod podged those to create a background....and added gold tones and shimmer and antiquing....then added the face...and finished adding some colors and tones...I do like the results. I started out only with the middle of the 3-way board done..but decided to make an entire layout so also completed the sides...now it is a scene. I tried to make this look like a little boy...a shepherd..and kept thinking of looking through the eyes of a child and perhaps what Jesus may have thought as a child..so this is really now to portray Jesus as a child..filled with wonder...deep thought and contemplation..pure innocence...etc. Here is is. I still have to add a top coat of clear Mod Podge to help protect it. I also then did a smaller head of the Virgin Mary...not sure it was what I was going for..but it is what it is for now:







4 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, Melinda--this is just stunning. I am SO touched by this little person's face, his eyes reach out to one's heart. Beautiful, just fills my eyes.

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, Melinda--this is just stunning. I am SO touched by this little person's face, his eyes reach out to one's heart. Beautiful, just fills my eyes.

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, Melinda--this is just stunning. I am SO touched by this little person's face, his eyes reach out to one's heart. Beautiful, just fills my eyes.

Angie at Home said...

It's very pretty in person too. Great job Melinda.