Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 2011 Full Moon Dreamboard - the Full Corn Moon (or Harvest Moon)

September 2011 Full Moon Dreamboard - The Full Corn Moon (or Harvest Moon)


LOTS to think about here....I love this time of year...entering into autumn and fall....earlier nights....seems I lite more candles during this time of year...everything seems to be LIT and GLOWING everywhere...even though outside it becomes more dark and perhaps dreary. I think the woman behind the mask represents ME waiting to be revealed...or revealing the REAL ME...discovering who that is again....don't we always seem to be searching for the real us?? I chose long hair because I have long hair. I have had long hair since I was 13 years old. I am MUCH older than that now...and have felt an urge to make a BIG CHANGE....my body is a lot different now...not that I cannot still improve it...but it is CRYING OUT with bone issues...aches and pains (hence the crying out back-breaking skeleton)....and I so often just wish I could wave a magic wand to make it all better...all the aches and pains go away...my body to become whole and new and like it should be...for the real me to stand up and present herself. I say I am the real me....but how often do we really, honestly let the REAL US out for anyone to see..sometimes even ourselves? I am drawn to SCARVES right now...not sure why....they are cozy...they do not really cover you up as I am sometimes drawn to things for....(or have kept the hair- - to more or less HIDE behind). The heart bracelet I think represents how I should embrace myself with my heart and love....and the umbrella of course is offering me protection from everything....but a lighter method of protection over my excess poundage I have been hauling around. So...I am still searching and growing and it continues to come out in my dreamboards. Long ago are the dreamboards that contained material things....my search seems to run a lot deeper than that right now. Maybe it's time I harvest myself....

6 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Oh, Melinda... this is absolutely spellbinding. Your board and your words speak so vividly and eloquently.

It feels like you have invited us into your most intimate chamber.

I am grateful for your generosity....

Helen said...

I love what you wrote about your dreamboard. Staying open to what your board is telling you is a great thing, and even if you only do a tiny thing your board is saying each day it adds up to a feeling that you've honored yourself. All the best for a beautiful moon cycle.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

What powerful intentions run through like poem of capital letters:

LIT. GLOWING.
ME. REAL ME.
MUCH.
BIG CHANGE.
CRYING OUT.
REAL US.
SCARVES.
HIDE.

May all of you be revealed and may all of your dreams come true.

Anonymous said...

Melinda, your dreamboard is a vibrant altar! It celebrates the seasons in such a lovely way! Wishing you a MOONth be filled with dreams come true.

carol l mckenna said...

Melinda ~ I am new to the group ~ Carol (A Creative Harbor) ~ Your dream board is awesome so alive with energy ~ the orange and light and mystery ~ yes, I do think we always moving closer to who we really are ~ Thanks ~ namaste, C

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Love the umbrella shading the skeleton.