Friday, June 03, 2011

homemade tortilla chips....

Before baking....


AFTER baking...


I think I would prefer CORN tortilla chips...so next time I will use CORN instead of FLOUR tortillas...but that was all I had in stock so I used what I had.

I am sure frying these as most would makes these taste richer but...to save fat and calories I baked mine.

I sprayed a cookie sheet with cooking spray...you can use olive oil or butter...whatever you wish.

I stacked my store bought round tortilla shells on top of each other and cut into pie wedges...

I placed the wedges on the cookie sheet...gave them another spray...added any seasonings...and baked at about 375 till nice and golden brown. They are pretty good..but CORN would likely be a lot better. They taste great with salsa...whether they are corn or flour.

Quick, easy snack and you get a lot more than in the bags at the store and it is healthier for you.

1 comment:

Patty said...

They look good.