Sunday, June 26, 2011

AWESOME SATURDAY!!

AWESOME day on Saturday...I only had to work half day...and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Only low 70s...lots of big fluffy clouds in the sky.....cool breeze blowing...my perfect kind of weather for summer! We decided to go to Idle Hour Ranch in Troy, Ohio for a visit. It is an awesome place....where you can get up close and personal with many animals.....even feed them. It was a wonderful outing...and I am sure we will go back again! Noah's favorite part was mining for gems....where he could play around in the water...in fact..he liked this so much...he wants me to build one just like it in our backyard!





We saw elephants, kangaroos, parrots, horses, giraffe, camels, a yak, goats, llamas, pigs, coyote, cougar (forgot to snap a pic of him), elk, ostrich, tortoise, fish, owl, prairie dog, fox, dogs, just a lot of wonderful animals! You could feed them too if you wanted. They were giving elephant rides this weekend...the elephants are actually there for 3 weekends only visiting in between other shows they do somewhere else for another touring group.....soon some tigers will be stopping by the ranch for a visit...











here is a link to the ranch...

IDLE HOUR RANCH

After we left the ranch we went to CiCi's Pizza....Noah loves it and had been wanting to go there for a long time and a new one had opened in Huber Heights...it was fantastic food and wonderful restaurant. The pizza was excellent and they had some new kinds of pizza to try! I like the thin crust authentic Italian and macaroni and cheese pizzas the best! Noah liked sausage and sausage and ham pizzas the best. He was in heaven!





Then we drove down to hit up the Covered Wagon Farmer's Market in Union, Ohio.....wow...they had some amazing things there....anything from soaps, candles, candies, fresh homemade Amish baked goods and canned goods.....fresh vegetables...dried goods....etc....and flowers and plants outside.



While looking inside we saw a beautiful buttefly or moth that had gotten trapped down in a bin between some packages of crackers. I thought it was fake at first....looked almost like wood lying there...but Noah said no and touched it and it began to move around. I told him if he wanted to live he better get on my finger so I could take him outside..and HE DID! I had Noah open a side door inside the store and the moth/butterfly turned around and looked at me..and I said to "GO....GO...you can go you are free!" and it turned around the other direction and flew away towards the flowers. He looked like this...sort of....



I bought some peanut butter fudge, banana bread and pumpkin bread among other things...and even though I do not need another candle..they had some clearance hot buttered popcorn candles on sale and that is a discontinued scent and smells so yummy...I got one!

link to Covered Wagon Farm Market

Covered Wagon Farm Market

We saw my cousin and husband in the store while there and they invited us over to see their house down the road when we were done shopping...so next up was a drive over there....then we drove to Arcanum to see grandma C....had a wonderful visit with her as well....



Noah went outside to catch lightning bugs before we left....



The weather was gorgeous.....the night was just beginning...so we rolled all the windows down in the car/truck and drove around..the lightning bugs sparkled in the fields...it was almost like being in a convertible and Noah and I loved it! We will be doing that again for sure!

We had an awesome day...and it was even better for me cause I got to share all that with Noah! I have decided no matter how I may look or feel...this is our life NOW...and we better live it now while we can and not wait around until everything is just right with this or that or our bodies just to do something.

This is it.....wait...wasn't that Michael Jackson's Famous last words?

JUST DO IT.....stop waiting around....do it already...yeah...that sounds pretty good right about now..

3 comments:

Patty said...

Now that was one busy day, could have made two days out of it. LOL Yes, just do it, because time flies too fast. As far as being concerned about the way we might look, how often do you pay that much attention to someone? Only if they are drawing attention to themselves, talking loud or making some sort of scene, I don't even notice most people. They are just people. Half the time I don't even think about them being male or female, they are just people. Love you!

Beth Niquette said...

What a wonderful day! I think you should build such a thing in your back yard--it would make a GREAT water feature. I loved reading about your adventure--I especially liked that gorgeous moth, and all the pictures of the animals.

What a great Mom you are!

jodi said...

Wow,what a great story,and sounds like a wonderful day.I know how much these moments mean,and how they make for such positive thinking :) May all days be like this one...-Jodi